WHY CHOOSE LA POCATIÈRE?
An enriching and stimulating environment
- A town where everyone can feel at home…
- A small town with a population of 4000. A town that welcomes students to its 2 pre-university campuses.
- A majestic river and stunning views.
- National Geographic magazine placed the region’s sunsets as the second most beautiful in the world, after Hawaii.
- Hospital and medical centres in town.
- 2 shopping centres.
- A small yet diversified commercial street.
- Several restaurants within walking distance.
- A movie theater and show venue in the middle of town.
- A well-equipped sports hall and a swimming pool with a sun terrace.
- Ice arena and outdoor skating facilities.
- 12 km (5.7 miles) of cross-country ski trails in the winter or walking trails in the summer.
- A 9 km (5.7 miles) riverside bike path.
- In-line skating track, skate-board park and BMX bike trail.
- Tennis, beach volleyball, soccer, softball and baseball.